Wednesday 13 January 2010

Fist Weight In!

Well hello and happy Wednesday I guess!



I've just had my first meeting at slimming world and it was amazing! I'm really enthused by the group and by the leader who herself has lost 6 stone in 14 months... it’s good to know the person helping you hasn’t always been a rake that can eat everything!



I've never been so confused by food before though, I can eat as much potato and steak as I like?! What the... it just doesn’t make sense BUT I am trusting that this will be the path to a new me!



There is a raffle every week, and slimmer of the week certificate and a basket of goodies, so there is my challenge, to get slimmer of the week and to get that basket!!



I've been talking allot about my weight and everything so I wanted to give you some sort of background on me, you know, so you don’t think I’m just some big potato girl sat here with nothing better to do!



So, here goes, the most apparent thing about me is I’m very FAT, I’m not going to say big, chubby or anything - that would be a lie, in fact I’m morbidly obese if you speak to my doctor! I am now 25stone 11 as per my official weigh in, which is good, 3lb down from 26 stone on Saturday, and in the evening with all my clothes on.



secondly, what most people notice beyond the chub chub, are my eyes, they are blue, normal to me, but a lot of people thing they are stunning, bit of a cliché right,



'Oh the first thing I notice is your eyes'



Right mate, its cos you don’t want to look at my wobbly bits!





I have a good job, and I'm studying for a business degree, I’ve been at my job 5 years and I love it. When I’m not at work, I might be found working at home, or checking my emails on my iphone, I can’t help it and I love it...



I have a wonderful other half who’s been with me for over 4 years, and seen me through thick and thin... well, thick and thicker would be more apt. i was a size 22 when we first me, so around 20stone.. And he loved me then, he loves me now, and I hope he will love me when I’m half the girl I used to be.



We have been engaged for a couple of years, but I don’t want to be a fat bride, so no dates been set, but when we do it will be amazing.



I love reading, writing, drawing, stitching, knitting anything creative and I’m all over it like cheese on toast! I love to cook and bake, and do so well I think, so I will have to devise some low fat cake recipes that I can share with everyone... if there is anyone out there. I love films, and go to the cinema a couple of times a week, yes; I do still fit in the seats... just! But I can’t wait till my hips don’t touch the sides!



I guess I’ll talk more about me as time and blogs go on, but that’s it for now... I’m excited and need to fill out my food diary for today and write a shopping list full of all my 'free' foods!





Much love



A

Xx

3 comments:

  1. I wish you very good luck with your journey and look forward to reading your blog.

    x
    A fellow WEMITT

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish you every success. I'm sure you can do it xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on making the decision that will change your life. Slimming World is brilliant - it's not magic, you still have to want to do it very much indeed, but you can do it with SW. I had about 3.5 stone to lose, and am about halfway there, but I feel like a different woman. My attitude is that it took me years to out the weight on so it won't drop off in a few weeks, but the longer you'e on the plan, the longer you have to develop the new habits you need. You're much younger than I am, and have a whole exciting slim life ahead of you :) The very best of luck with your jouney and please keep blogging, I think you can do this and I'd love to know how you get on x

    ReplyDelete