Saturday 9 January 2010

A New Year.. A New Resolution....

Welcome to my blog!
I’m not sure if there is anyone out there reading this - and if there is thank you!

I’m writing a blog of my long road from 26 stone - to my healthy weight (that I will find out on Wednesday, eek!) that I imagine to be around 11 stone

So for now, heres blog 1..... of  15 stone, or 210 pounds!

So this year started off like any other - very drunk - I'll make a resolution to lose weight.... Yeah right. Exactly like every other year... And so New Year’s Day I stuffed my face, drank lots, and ate chocolates.

It’s the 9th January now, and I’m taking my resolution back, I'm retrieving it, and making it my own again.

Ask me why, why will this be different, why this year, why not last year - or the year before when I lost 5 stone in 6 months? And I put I all back on again - plus another stone - which leads me to today 26 stone and shopping in asda with my mum.... down the bargain isle - looking at cheap xmas surplus and down walks a beautiful girl with an attractive partner, she looks at me, looks at her partner and says not too quietly

'Oh my god, look at that' and nods my way.

Cue the red face, burning cheeks us 'fatties' know so well and I vow to do it.

Feeling blue with a punnet of grapes we pull away from Asda into a cue of traffic, its snowy and taking so very long... a family pulls their car in front of mine, and cuts me up. I beep my horn, slipping on the ice as I go, the dad in the front, who I have lovingly labelled ' Father Of The Year' shouts

'Fat B&£$%'

It’s not the first time that’s been shouted at me - and I'm sure it won't be the last, what got to me was the young children in the back, no older than ten, who began to write F A T in the mist on their window.

I don’t know why people would raise children like this - or how they can be so cruel, but it’s not just them is it? Its most of the population, even as being bigger becomes more common than being healthy, it’s still not accepted.

I don't know who these people are, or why they are so cruel, but I know they won't change... but I can.......

Weigh in tomorrow morning at home... and I will begin Slimmers World on Wednesday.

Wish me luck!!

Much Love

A
Xx

3 comments:

  1. Good Luck with your weight loss, just take it a day at a time, focus on the small goals, they all add up :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. After reading your first blog I'm a bit shocked at the people that you've encountered and the cruelty! The most shocking is that like you said, people actually raise their kids like this. Trust me, the whole world isn't like this, there are lots of kind, decent people out there who accept people of all colours, sizes, age, and who don't pour out their ignorant predjudices on others. Having a food addiction is a HARD, HARD thing to overcome, I know, and unfortunatelt there is very little understanding about it in society. The road to change all starts from within, and you can do it girl!
    As for me, I lost a couple of stone, my weight and size is a relatively healthy size 16 for my 5'8 height and large frame, and the truth is that I have learnt, is that until you are happy with yourself inside, accepting everything about you, you can never truly be happy about your body or weight even as a size 8,10,12,14 or a size you deem acceptable. My biggest learning curve from Slimming World and losing some weight has been that IT didn't make me any happier, I made myself happier and it contributed to my confidence which then lead me to want to eat again. Learn to love yourself inside while you're doing this journey because otherwise you might get to the other side and wonder what it's all been for? A smaller dress size? A social acceptance? Yourself? When it comes down to it, it's all about YOURSELF! Wow I rambled there...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi....I saw you on Minimins weightloss forum and noticed you had a blog.

    What a crappy day that sounds...I know what its like when people can only judge you on one thing. Those people may be slim but the first impression they have given you is that they are horrible. So next time think to yourself, I'm fat but i'm a nice person, your thin but a horrible person...and you'll know that when your slim yourself you'll have the last laugh - slim and a nice person!

    Thats how I see it anyway.

    Good luck with your weightloss and I look forward to reading your blogs if its ok.
    I'm also going to be recording my weightloss on my blog.
    x

    ReplyDelete